How to Create Timesheet Invoice?
Billed allow you to generate invoices against billable time log entries. It will help you to invoice your clients on the basis of tracked time. So, you can charge your clients by generating the invoices within the project.
Generate Timesheet Invoices
You have to go through the following steps to generate a timesheet invoice:
- Click on "Projects" from the left menu.
- Open a project for which you want to generate an invoice.
- Finally, click on the "Generate Invoice" button on the right side of the screen.
After clicking the "Generate Invoice" button, you have to add the following details to the invoice:
The invoice due date and the issue date are today's date by default. However, you can click on the date to view the calendar and select a different date from the calendar. You can also click on the bottom left corner to write the date.
The system automatically picks the client's name and information from the project. However, you can change the client by clicking on the client's name. Click on the submit button at the end.
Now add the following details to proceed with the invoicing process:
- Select the invoice type "Task Based" or "Time log Based." All the completed tasks will be added in the invoice as a line item if you select the “Task Based” option. Whereas, you will get all the entries of billable time if you select the “Time log Based” option.
- Enter the discount amount or percentage if you want to add a discount.
- Then, add the tax to the invoice if it is taxable.
- Click on "Add Attachment" to add relevant photos to the invoice. After selecting an image, add a title and description if required. Finally, click on the "Add Image" button at the bottom.
- Click on the signature section to add your signatures to the invoice.
- If you want to add any further details, add them in additional notes.
- Finally, click on the “Save” button to save the invoice. This invoice can be viewed at the bottom of your project and in the invoices section.