How to Track Time in Billed?
Billed allow you to track time to enhance your productivity. You can save time tracking details and generate invoices against them to charge your clients.
In this article, we will cover the following:
- How to Start the Timer?
- How to Add a New Time Entry?
- View the Time Entries
- Manage Time Entries
How to Start the Timer?
You can start the timer anytime to track the time of your projects or daily tasks. Follow these steps to start the timer:
- Go to the "Time Tracking" section from the left menu.
- Click on the "Start Timer" button to start tracking the time.
You have a play and pause button beside the timer. You can stop the timer during your breaks and restart it again.
You can add the project details to save it as a time entry. Click on the small arrow at the top-left corner of the small window and start adding the following information:
- Click "Project" to choose a project to add to the time entry.
- Select a "Project Task" on which you are spending your time.
- You can also add some additional notes related to your project or some necessary task details.
- Click "Log Time" from the bottom to save the tracked time details.
- Press the "Discard" button to delete the timer details if you don't want to save them.
- You can view or edit it anytime from the "Time Tracking" section.
How to Add a New Time Entry?
You can add a new time entry by going through the following steps:
- Go to the "Time Tracking" section.
- Click on the "New Entry" button.
- Click on "Add a Project" to add the project's name.
- Next, add a task's name by clicking "Add a Project Task."
- Now add the duration of the task in HH: MM format.
- Turn on the "Billable" option if this time entry is billable.
- Add the date on which this task of the project is performed. It shows the current date by default.
- Click on the time option to add the time. You can also write it by clicking on the bottom-left corner. It shows the current time by default.
- Click on the "Add Notes" option to add any additional notes related to the task or project. It is optional, and you can skip this section.
- Click on the ✓ button to save the time entry.
View the Time Entries
You can view your time entries in the following ways:
- Day Wise: Click on the "Day" option to view time entries day-wise. The two small arrows will let you move to the next and previous days. You can also click on any day to view the time entries of that particular day.
- Week Wise: Click on the "Week" option to view the time entries week-wise. The two small arrows will let you move to the next and previous week.
- Month Wise: Click on the "Month" option to view the time entries month-wise. The two small arrows will let you move to the next and previous month.
- All: Click on the "All" option to view all those projects whose time has been tracked. You can see the total tracked time in front of the project's name in the "All" section.
Manage Time Entries
You can manage your time entries in the following ways:
You can edit and update your time entries through the following steps:
- Click on a time entry that you want to edit.
- Do the changes according to your requirements.
- Click on the ✓ button to save the new details.
While viewing the "Time Tracing" section, you can view the status of each time entry. The status could be "Billed" or "Unbilled."
- When you turn on the "Billable" option while creating or editing a time entry, its status will be "Unbilled."
- You can turn off the "Billable" option if the time entry is not billable.
- When the project's invoice is generated on the time log, the status of the time entry will be changed to "Billed."