How do I Manage my Invoices?
After creating invoices, you can't leave them unorganized. You have to keep editing and updating them to manage the invoices effectively. You can manage the invoices' settings by deleting, resending, copying, and printing your invoices.
We will cover:
- Manage Invoices Individually
- Manage Bad Debts' invoices
Manage Invoices Individually
You can manage each invoice in the "Invoices" section. Open the concerned invoice and click on the "More Actions" button at the top-right corner. It will show you the following options:
- Add Payment: You can click on the "Add Payment" option. Then, add payment details to update the payment history.
- Mark Paid: If you want to mark the invoice as paid, you can click on the "Mark Paid" option.
- Send By Email: Click on the "Send By Email" option to send the invoice to your clients or anyone else.
- Share Via Link: Click the "Share Via Link" option to copy the invoice's link. If you don't want to send an invoice through email, you can send this link to share the invoice.
- Mark As Sent: You can mark the invoice as sent to see the proper invoice reports.
- Duplicate: If you want to edit the invoice but keep the original one saved, you can make a duplicate invoice.
- Preview: The preview option will let you see the invoice's final look. This option will show you how the invoice will look when viewed by your client or someone else.
- Print: You can print the invoice for business use.
- Download PDF: This option allows you to download the invoice as a pdf file.
- Delete: You can delete an invoice if you don't need it anymore in your business record.
Click the button at the top-right corner, besides the "More Actions" button, to edit the invoice. This option will let you modify and save the modified version of your invoice.
Manage Bad Debts' Invoices
Bad debts are when you fail to obtain payments against products or services. You can mark it as bad debt if you have already created an invoice against such products or services. It will let you get rid of the reminders of overdue payments.
Follow these instructions to manage the invoices of bad debts:
- Select the "Invoices" option from the left menu.
- Click the particular invoice that you want to mark as bad debt.
- Click on the "Edit" button from the top-right corner.
- Go to the "Add Line Item" section. Then, add an item and name it "Bad Debts" or any similar name.
- Now you have to write the overdue amount as a negative value.
- Press the save button as soon as the overdue amount becomes zero.
- Open the invoice again and go to the "More Actions" button at the top-right corner. Then select the "Add Payment" option.
- Write zero in the payment amount and select any random payment method. You can also add any payment notes.
- Finally, add the payment to finish the process. After this process, the invoice will no longer be overdue.